NEW updates from the NYS Department of Health and Chenango County Department of Health. Please know these new protocols rely on the availability of rapid test kits and sustainability of this protocol will depend on supply of these test kits. These protocols are effective immediately and are subject to change. If your child has been out of school for 5 days already and they are symptom free you may follow these protocols and return.
These Guidelines are only for the purpose of returning to the classroom. The guidance reads “Continued attendance applies only to participation in classroom activities and taking the bus to and from school.”
Return from Isolation – Everyone can return from isolation on day 6, after isolating for 5 days, if asymptomatic. It is no longer 10 days. Isolation is for individuals who have tested positive for COVID.
- You may or may not receive communication from the Department of Health moving forward, regarding end of isolation.
- The first day of symptoms or the first day of testing positive is considered Day 0.
- Please report positive cases by going to the local Department of Health’s website.
- Please complete the Chenango County Affirmation of Isolation and return it to the school nurse. (document attached to news article and can be found on Re-opening Page)
Return from Quarantine – Everyone can return from quarantine on day 6, after quarantining 5 days, if asymptomatic. It is no longer 10 days. You will be provided with at home tests and asked to test your child each day for the next 5 days before sending them to school that day.
- Quarantine is for individuals identified as high-risk contacts.
- You may or may not receive phone or written communication from the Department of Health moving forward, regarding start or end of quarantine.
- The last day of contact with the positive individual (index case) will be considered Day 0.
- Please complete the Chenango County Affirmation of Quarantine and return it to the school district (document attached to news article and can be found on Re-opening Page)
Symptoms at School - If you are contacted by the school nurse because your child is showing symptoms of COVID, you may now use a home test for your child to return to school or consent to testing by the school nurse. You no longer need a doctor's note.
- Please let the school nurse know if your child tested positive or negative via phone or email.
- A photo submittal of the test result is not required by the Department of Health.