February 28, 2021
Dear GCS Community,
We were notified today that a student in the intermediate school tested positive for COVID-19. We assisted County Health Officials with the contact tracing investigation. The contact tracing for this individual has been completed, and anyone that was impacted has been notified.
Although the district cannot eliminate all risk, especially outside of our school buildings. We continue to diligently enforce social distancing, mask wearing, and encourage hand washing. Our plan also tightly controls how many students and staff are in one location at any given time. Due to this, our plan has limited the exposure of staff and students and allowed health officials to quickly complete contact tracing within district.
We urge everyone to follow steps to minimize the spread of COVID-19 including:
- Wear a mask.
- Wash your hands often or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation, as we know this is a serious matter of great concern to all. If you have any questions, please call the district office at 656-4161. Any additional questions, including information about testing procedures, can be directed to the Chenango County Health Department at (607) 337-1660.
Timothy M. Calice
Superintendent of Schools